One of my favorite things to have as a snack or for breakfast, is a healthy bread with a sweet glaze! I love pumpkin, gingerbread, banana, lemon & blueberry, you name it! I was craving a healthy bread for breakfast this morning so I decided to whip up this yummy Blueberry Banana Bread with a Lemon Vanilla Icing!
Makes 10 slices
3 ripe bananas mashed
1/4 c dairy free butter
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (I recently read that this is a substitute for eggs in vegan baking! 1/2tsp = 1 egg)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c unsweetened almond milk
2 c flour of choice (I used whole wheat, but you can use coconut, quinoa, etc)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp stevia
1/3 c light brown sugar
a few shakes of Himalayan pink salt
2 c blueberries (or any filling of choice, can add chocolate chips (3/4c), nuts (3/4c), raspberries (2c))
1/3c stevia powdered sugar (or regular powdered sugar!)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla almond milk
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease a 9″ loaf pan
2. Mash your banana in a large bowl & then stir in all wet ingredients
3. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients then add to bowl of wet ingredients
4. Once fully incorporated & a dough forms, slowly fold in your blueberries or filling of choice ( I had to add in another tbsp of almond milk as my dough was slightly dry!)
5. Pour dough into your loaf pan & bake 30-45 minutes. I checked mine after 30 then baked for another 12! Just make sure that when you stick a knife/fork/toothpick in the middle, it comes out clean!
6. Mix together your icing ingredients!
7. When fully baked, let cool for 10 minutes then add your icing!